Level 2 provides students (ages 6-11) with a solid foundation in music theory through the eyes of a string player. Here is where students learn how to bring their music playing to life through the use of dynamics, articulation, change of speed, etc.
Level 2 workbook features these concepts and more!
- NOTE & REST VALUES – Quaver note(s) and rest (Worldwide). | eighth note(s) and rest. (US/Canada)
- PATTERNS – Note movement (step and skip), finger patterns, semitone, and tone
- SCALES – Major scales and arpeggios
- ANALYSIS – Simple Musical Concepts, Terms, Symbols, Signs (tempo, dynamics, etc)
- EXTRA – lowered 2nd finger and 4th finger (viola & viola), and 2nd finger and backward extension (cello & double bass)